Learn About Our Location, History & More
The Lodges at Gettysburg is an elegant, 63 acre private retreat nestled on one of the highest and most beautiful ridge lines in Gettysburg. Additionally, The Lodges overlook the hallowed ground where Union and Confederate soldiers fought and died in the most historic, defining battle of America’s Civil War.
The Lodges at Gettysburg feature spacious private accommodations and “Gloryridge,” our main lodge, with over 6,500 square feet of meeting and banquet space as well as outdoor event space. Furthermore, the private lodges have been named after the states that were home to the troops fighting in the Battle of Gettysburg. They are complete with kitchenettes, private bathrooms, electric fireplaces in some lodges, heating and air conditioning, hard wood floors, vaulted wood beam ceilings, private porches along with flat screen televisions and high speed Internet access.
The main lodge is a beautifully designed stone and wood lodge that has breathtaking views overlooking the historic Gettysburg battlefields and Hunter Lake. This scenic lake, complete with a dock, is fully stocked with bass and a variety of other popular game fish. The Lodges is a natural home to deer, red tail fox, wild turkey, beaver, Canadian geese, ducks, red tail hawk and the American bald eagle. We offer the perfect escape for all to enjoy.
The Lodges at Gettysburg is committed to sustainable practices and treating our planet with the utmost respect. Our entire staff takes great pride in ensuring that every step taken is a step towards a greener future. We strive to make positive contributions to both the surrounding environments and the local Adams County community as a whole. Some of our initiatives include:
- Green Committee that consists of staff and management to ensure environmental initials are executed in accordance with our master plan.
- State-of-the-art Geothermal technology throughout the main lodge. Our system is the second largest in the county. For more information on Geothermal Technology, please visit http://www.renewableenergyworld.com/rea/tech/geothermal-energy. The Lodges was featured in Celebrate Gettysburg Magazine and you can read more about our geo-thermal system and other green practices here.
- Paper reduction policies to include electronic transmissions of guest confirmations, receipts and literature.
- Eco-conscious bath and body line of products that smooths skin and creates healthy hair while having a positive effect on the environment. For more information about our Olive Branch line of products, please download the company presentation here.
- Optional guest towel and linen replacement program through Project Planet.
- Recycling programs in place for all guest rooms and the main lodge. We currently recycle plastic, glass, paper, cardboard, metal, and batteries.
- Electricity conservation efforts, including the use of energy efficient light bulbs.
- Water conservation efforts with high efficiency shower heads and toilet bowls.