COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATES
Dear Current and Future Guests at The Lodges at Gettysburg,
In these uncertain times, I want to let you know what we are doing here at The Lodges to support you and your travel plans. The Lodges is in a unique position to help with guest stays as we are located in a beautiful and secluded area with no crowds. Our location, fresh air and sanitation procedures may help minimize your risk of infection. Please note that certain services will not be available at this time. Please contact us directly to discuss your needs during your stay.
Your Health and Travel Safety
As always, the health and safety of our guests remain our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures consistent with the advice provided by global and local public health authorities to make our cleaning and hygiene practices even more rigorous.
We partnered with Fusion Cell because, unlike other public health experts, Fusion Cell's health and safety consultants are current and former military specialists who have decades of experience planning for pandemics and disasters. They take a science-backed apprach to health and safety, risk mitigation and industrial hygiene. The health and safety consultants include:
- Public health specialists, including epidemiologists with Certified in Public Health (CPH) credentials
- Experts in infection control, experienced with COVID-19, Ebola, H1N1, SARS
- Experience with CDC, WHO, HHS, OSHA, FEMA, FDA, human resource, and other procedures
- Emergency management specialists who are FEMA-trained
- Logistics, supply chain, civil engineering experts industrial hygienists
New Measures for your Peace of Mind
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas (including lobbies, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of hospital-grade disinfectant. Additionally, HVAC filtration systems have been inspected, cleaned and upgraded, where possible, to provide a cleaner safer environment.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes during check-in and all events (indoor and outdoor).
- All staff are required to wear masks when communicating and working with our guests. Additionally, upon arrival, all incoming guests must wear a mask (we can provide you with one if you do not have one) and follow entrance and exit signage. Daily health checks, mandatory hand washing and new staff training have been implemented.
- Your lodge has been cleaned, disinfected and prepared for your arrival. Housekeeping stay over service has been suspended and protocols are in place to assist you with your needs during your stay. Our Guest Service Professionals will brief you upon check-in.
- Express check-out has also been instituted to further reduce your exposure to groups of people.
- For guests attending meetings and events, we have modified room layouts to accommodate social distancing and virtual attendees where necessary. Signage is provided as a reminder of the protective measures taken and all attendees are required to perform a self-health check prior to and during their stay. Multiple sanitizing stations are provided throughout and all meals are served in accordance with current food safety requirements, including staggered and extended breaks.
We continue to closely monitor the situation and are prepared to act swiftly to implement any new guidance being provided by health officials.
Your Travel Flexibility
We remain committed to offering you flexible booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Existing Reservations. All reservations – even those described as "non-cancellable" (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are scheduled for arrival before April 30, 2021 can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
- New Reservations. Any reservation you make – even those described as “non-cancellable” (“Advanced Purchase”) – that are booked between today and April 30, 2021, for any future arrival date, can be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival.
At The Lodges we recognize that the power of hospitality is even more important during these challenging times. We remain open as a haven of calm and serenity in our secluded 63-acre setting. As ever, our team members are ready to welcome you with the hospitality for which The Lodges is renowned.
The Lodges at Gettysburg